Are you on your Easter Holidays yet? The Edinburgh School Holidays all seem to be at different points in 2019. I know there’s a lot of Independent Schools that like to do their own thing but it seems like everywhere is doing something different this year. Edinburgh is a really popular destination with families in the school holidays and 2019 is definitely a good year to visit. But with the haphazard school holidays, it makes me grateful that Edinburgh has many things to do with kids.
There’s loads of Holiday Clubs and Camps that run during the Edinburgh School Holidays, so I thought I could highlight a few I’ve heard about recently – although I’d love to hear of some more recommendations:
- Spartans Holiday Hat-tricks – football for 5-12yrs – various dates available.
- Swimming Nature fast track courses – there’s a couple of venues in Edinburgh. Will 2019 be the year to perfect swimming?
- Edinburgh Zoo Summer School is always popular – it only runs during the Summer Holidays but definitely book ahead!
- For keen golfers or those just looking to try it out – the Young Masters Golf program at Murrayfield Golf Club comes highly recommended. I can think of worse ways to spend my School Holidays! Murrayfield is on the North side of Edinburgh and is easily accessible.
- For slightly older kids, Port Edgar Watersports also has an array of different clubs running which also look like a lot of fun!
Family Days out in Edinburgh
There are an incredible number of family activities to fill the School Holidays in Edinburgh and 2019 is no exception. As a starting point please do look at these two posts: 50 things to do in Edinburgh with Kids, and 50 things to do in Edinburgh with Kids this Autumn. Edinburgh has a really variable weather system so even on Spring or Summer days, it’s advisable to have some indoor options.
But I thought It could be useful to highlight some things that are on during the Easter and Spring Edinburgh School Holidays in 2019:
- Join the Cadbury Easter Egg Hunt at Newhailes House and Garden.
- Make the School Holidays really memorable with an adventure on the Maid of the Forth.
- Find all the clues on the Conifox Easter Egg Hunt.
- The Big Spring Fling has already begun at Blair Drummond Safari Park.
- There’s so many family friendly shows coming to the Edinburgh Playhouse in 2019!
- Aside from the Easter Egg Hunt, Dalkeith Country Park at also winning at School Holiday Activities with their open air cinema! Greatest Showman anyone?!