From the narrow wynds radiating from the Royal Mile, over to the spacious Georgian New Town, the mews properties tucked away in an unexpected corner, to the glass expanse of the Quartermile nestling alongside the Meadows… Edinburgh has something for everyone.
Whether you’ve lived here forever and are settled raising your family, or can only visit for the day – join us meandering through the city and beyond. Making the most of Edinburgh life.
Things to discover
- Review: Jekyll and HydeWe were once again, very fortunate to be able to attend the press night at the Royal Lyceum Theatre here in Edinburgh, for their latest performance – Jekyll and Hyde. I confess that it’s been a while since I read the book, but I still thought that this was a story I knew. However, Forbes Masson’s performance left… Read More »Review: Jekyll and Hyde
- Review: The Snow QueenAs the cold winds of winter weave through Edinburgh and rumours of snow are abound, the Lyceums Theatre’s Christmas offering seems perfectly timed: A reimagining of Hans Christian Andersen’s tale ‘The Snow Queen,’ emerges from the creative depths of Morna Young’s imagination. Set against the backdrop of a frost-laden Victorian Edinburgh, director Cora Bissett takes us on a… Read More »Review: The Snow Queen
- A Portrait Perusal: Edinburgh Portrait Gallery with KidsHello, art explorers! If you’re pondering a family day out in Edinburgh, make sure to pencil in a visit to the Edinburgh Portrait Gallery. Believe it or not – it’s not just for grown-ups. This gallery is one of our favourites, read on to find our top tips for keeping the kids entertained whilst you can still maintain… Read More »A Portrait Perusal: Edinburgh Portrait Gallery with Kids
- Rainy Day Rendezvous: Edinburgh’s Wet Weather Wonders for Kids!Is it raining again?! If the weather in Edinburgh decides to throw a little rain cloud your way, then sadly it’s not surprising – and it may well snow later… before the sun comes out! But don’t worry – W=we’ve got the inside scoop on how to turn a drizzly day into a memory-making adventure with the kids.… Read More »Rainy Day Rendezvous: Edinburgh’s Wet Weather Wonders for Kids!
- Exploring the Magic of Harry Potter in Edinburgh: A Wizarding JourneyStep into the enchanting world of Harry Potter as we embark on a magical journey through the cobbled streets and historic sites of Edinburgh, Scotland. J.K. Rowling, the brilliant mind behind the beloved series, found inspiration for her wizarding world in the very fabric of this ancient city. Join us as we uncover the hidden gems and iconic… Read More »Exploring the Magic of Harry Potter in Edinburgh: A Wizarding Journey
- Spook-tacular Fun: Halloween Activities for Kids in EdinburghAs the leaves turn golden and the chill of autumn sets in, Edinburgh comes alive with spooky delights and eerie adventures for little witches, wizards, and ghouls. This Halloween, treat your kids to a bewitching experience in the heart of Scotland’s capital. From ghostly tours to pumpkin-carving extravaganzas, here are some fang-tastic activities that are sure to cast… Read More »Spook-tacular Fun: Halloween Activities for Kids in Edinburgh