From the narrow wynds radiating from the Royal Mile, over to the spacious Georgian New Town, the mews properties tucked away in an unexpected corner, to the glass expanse of the Quartermile nestling alongside the Meadows… Edinburgh has something for everyone.
Whether you’ve lived here forever and are settled raising your family, or can only visit for the day – join us meandering through the city and beyond. Making the most of Edinburgh life.
Things to discover
- Hidden Gems: The Secret Garden and Closes Along Edinburgh’s Royal MileEdinburgh’s Royal Mile is undoubtedly one of the city’s main attractions, drawing in tourists from all over the world. Lined with stunning architecture, bustling shops, and historic landmarks, it’s easy to see why this stretch of road is so popular. However, amidst the hustle and bustle, there are hidden treasures waiting to be discovered – the secret garden … Read more
- Wild Swimming around EdinburghEverybody’s doing it. Dooking, dipping, dunking, swimming, whatever you want to call it, chances are that you or someone you know has been jumping (or tentatively tip-toeing) into seas, rivers, lochs or waterfalls this past year. Wild swimming saw a phenomenal resurgence during the pandemic with record numbers of people taking to it during the first lockdown. That trend shows no … Read more
- Discovering Portobello for family life and workOur recent post on ‘Family life in Stockbridge‘ is still proving popular so in an attempt to be helpful to people considering a move to – or within – Edinburgh, I thought I would introduce you to another amazing family-friendly area of Edinburgh – Portobello. Although I love to visit there (it’s home to one of my favourite … Read more
- Review: A Whimsical Journey into Mr Sleepybum’s Dream WorldStep into the fantastical world of Mr Sleepybum at the Edinburgh Fringe and prepare for an unforgettable adventure that will leave you giggling and grinning from ear to ear. This whimsical show takes you on a hilarious and interactive journey through the bizarre realm of dreams, where reality and imagination collide in the most unexpected and entertaining ways. … Read more
- Hilariously Horrible: Marcel Lucont’s ‘Les Enfants Terribles’ wins the dayMarcel Lucont’s ‘Les Enfants Terribles’ has taken the Edinburgh Fringe by storm delivering an uproarious gameshow that celebrates the mischievousness of awful children. Playing to a packed audience at the Assembly George Square Gardens in the Piccolo tent, this unique show brings together laughter, audience participation, and unexpected twists. At first, I wasn’t sure if it was going … Read more
- JezO’s Car-Crash Magic Show at Edinburgh Fringe: A Fiery Delight!Are you ready to be spellbound by a mesmerizing spectacle of magic, fire, and side-splitting dad jokes? Look no further than JezO’s Car-Crash Magic Show, a must-see performance that guarantees laughter and amazement. We kicked off this year’s Fringe at the Gilded Balloon (on Chambers Street), relishing the chance to dodge the Edinburgh rain whilst finding the perfect … Read more