From the narrow wynds radiating from the Royal Mile, over to the spacious Georgian New Town, the mews properties tucked away in an unexpected corner, to the glass expanse of the Quartermile nestling alongside the Meadows… Edinburgh has something for everyone.
Whether you’ve lived here forever and are settled raising your family, or can only visit for the day – join us meandering through the city and beyond. Making the most of Edinburgh life.
Things to discover
- Edinburgh International Children’s Festival returns!There’s that magical time in childhood – where make-believe can still be reality and they can be so totally consumed in a moment that everything else is gone. Great Children’s Theatre makes the most of that, and it’s one of the reasons I most look forward to the ‘Imaginate’ Festival – you know it’s going to be bursting… Read More »Edinburgh International Children’s Festival returns!
- A Visit to Vogrie ParkIf you’re looking for a quick way to escape the city, Vogrie Country Park provides the opportunity to feel like you’re in remote countryside whilst only being 45 minutes or so from Edinburgh City Centre! It has 11.5 miles of paths taking you through woodlands and the Tyne Valley – and the arrival of Spring affords the perfect… Read More »A Visit to Vogrie Park
- Rainy Day Activities in MidlothianThe weather continues to be ‘variable’ this Spring, if frequent rain clouds disrupting the attempts at sun. Whilst we’ve been out braving the wet a fair amount on some days you really do just want to stay dry! Today was one of those days… This post is sponsored by Midlothian Tourist Forum but all thoughts, words, and images are our… Read More »Rainy Day Activities in Midlothian
- Active Adventures in MidlothianWe’re continuing our mini series exploring the many options available for families throughout Midlothian – with today’s focus being on the ‘adventure’ and just a little mystery too! Earlier this year, the Midlothian Tourist Forum reached out to ask if we’d like to explore more of what Midlothian had to offer; as someone who has lived here for… Read More »Active Adventures in Midlothian
- Discover history and mystery in MidlothianWe often talk about how one of the best things about living in Edinburgh is just how many things many things are right on your doorstep. We’re tremendously lucky to have countless easy family days out that are close to home. So when the Midlothian Tourism Forum got in touch to ask if we were up for exploring… Read More »Discover history and mystery in Midlothian
- Half Term at the Modern GalleryWith Half Term on the horizon here in Edinburgh, I’ve been busy planning some days out and trying to work out how to make the most of our time! It’s been a while since we’ve taken the kids to the Modern Art Gallery and ordinarily it wouldn’t be something I’d immediately think of for a weekend. But when… Read More »Half Term at the Modern Gallery