Katie has long been obsessed with Topsy and Tim. Not just the annoying CBeebies version either. But all the books too. So naturally, when I mentioned that we were going near London, Katie reeled off a whole itinerary of things she wanted to do there. All gleamed from Topsy and Tim Visit London.
Which would be fine – except weren’t originally planning on going to London! However, given we’re in travelling distance it is possible to do for a day trip. Which creates a problem… which of the following activities are actually do-able in a day?
- Ride on a big red London bus.
- Visit the Tower of London.
- Go on a London Underground Train.
- See the changing of the guards at Horse Guards Parade.
- Go up the River Thames in a boat.
- Race about at Kew Gardens.
- See dinosaurs at the Natural History Museum.
- Play at Diana’s Playground in Kensington Gardens.
- Find a golden statue that’s actually a man.
Finding a cat called Boris would add bonus points to any visit with Katie’s number one demand being Diana’s playground. But anyone who knows London who could work out a do-able day long itinerary involving any number of these activities gets to be the winner. Anyone?!